Menu

Any experience with the high school program at Homeschool Spanish Academy?

I like the 1-1 interaction with a native speaker. How are their curriculum and teachers? Will we be able to see the teacher qualifications before signing up? Any experience? I would like to make sure their class give good foundation for the Spanish III and upper classes in public high school.

Thank you!

Hello. My kids are in the elementary program in Spanish homeschool academy.

I like it. One teacher didn’t go slow enough for me, so I switched. This one is perfect. 
I didn’t look for qualifications. As far as I know, they are all native speakers and I think from Guatemala. 
I think they have a script or program they follow. Hope this helps.

My teen did HSA for Spanish after two DE classes. It was very useful in building conversational skills, and very enjoyable,but had minimal writing-usually one worksheet per lesson. The college placement exam (at a LAC where language skills are required) placed my kid in an advanced class where they're starting with reading primary sources in Spanish and writing essays. 

When we tried it I was dissatisfied with the way they handled siblings, and didn't like having to buy blocks of lessons up front for use later. At that time it was tricky to schedule lessons, hopefully that has changed. My biggest beef was that's although it is great for conversation, I was still on the hook to come up with reinforcement and practice activities for the other days of the week where we didn't have classes.  With some poking around in their website I was able to find their scope and sequence document for high school, which helped me decide where my dc should start, and how far I thought they should be able to go. That might be helpful for you.