Menu

Solved, thanks.

Shoeless

13 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

I might be naive but my best guess would be someone mistyped the Rx number by mistake.

I hope you are right. I didn't feel very confident after talking with CVS. The reason we don't use them is because they are rude and the store is always dirty and trashed. 😕

Just now, MissLemon said:

I guess it could be a typo, but then how did CVS get my phone number to call me? Although that doesn't make sense either, if it is a scam. Why would a scammer use my number and not theirs? 

Walgreens typed in the wrong number and your Rx came up, when they transferred it your phone number was in there.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

Walgreens typed in the wrong number and your Rx came up, when they transferred it your phone number was in there.

So, what could be is Joe Smith walks into CVS and says "Transfer my prescription #12345 from Walgreens", and when CVS called Walgreens, Wags typed in Rx 22345 instead? 

And no one noticed the mismatch in names or DOB between Mr. Lemon and Joe Smith? 

7 minutes ago, MissLemon said:

So, what could be is Joe Smith walks into CVS and says "Transfer my prescription #12345 from Walgreens", and when CVS called Walgreens, Wags typed in Rx 22345 instead? 

And no one noticed the mismatch in names or DOB between Mr. Lemon and Joe Smith? 

Yes, CVS gets a request for the transfer -- from the patient, in person or online, or from their care provider.  CVS calls Walgreens and says "we have a request to transfer #12345 for Mr. Smith."

Walgreens just writes "transfer #22345" and gives it to the pharmacist.   The name doesn't get attached.   Pharmacist pulls it up, it's old no refills, but sees another prescription for the same person with the same drug, so they send that one over.

New shift, different CVS pharmacist gets a prescription coming in, sees he can't refill it, calls the number on the prescription to tell you.  He doesnm't have access to the original request.  He doesn't know about Mr. Lemon vs. Mr. Smith. 

• Like 1

Ok, that makes sense. We had an issue with fraud in the past, so I am hyper aware of anything weird going on.

So I realized after I got home that the sniffy attitude I got at CVS might have had something to do with my shirt. I probably looked like a Karen about to explode. 😩😅   (Although, the sniffy attitude started on the phone with CVS telling me they didn't have time to deal with this problem and I should just call the doctor. How About No, indeed).

20210823_204543.jpg

Edited by MissLemon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

I agree it was a mistyped or miswritten rx number somewhere along the way. I work in pharmacy and the transfer requests that come from people's phones (through the ap) only have an rx number and phone number to the other pharmacy on them (no name). It was a simple mistake that is easy to fix.  Just ask the pharmacy to transfer it back. And, yes, If saw you wearing that shirt and if you were being firm with me, I wouldn't give you as much compassion...."how about No"....goes both ways. I would be polite and professional, I just wouldn't go out of my way for someone with a shirt that was blatantly being snarky or mean toward me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tap said:

I agree it was a mistyped or miswritten rx number somewhere along the way. I work in pharmacy and the transfer requests that come from people's phones (through the ap) only have an rx number and phone number to the other pharmacy on them (no name). It was a simple mistake that is easy to fix.  Just ask the pharmacy to transfer it back. And, yes, If saw you wearing that shirt and if you were being firm with me, I wouldn't give you as much compassion...."how about No"....goes both ways. I would be polite and professional, I just wouldn't go out of my way for someone with a shirt that was blatantly being snarky or mean toward me. 

My clothing isn't worn *at* anyone. I was on my way to walk at the college track.

The bad attitude from CVS started on the phone, before they ever saw my shirt. 

I *did* ask CVS to transfer it back while I was on the phone, before they saw my shirt. They told me they "didn't have time" and that I should call the doctor to deal with it. That attitude was completely unnecessary.

1 minute ago, MissLemon said:

My clothing isn't worn *at* anyone. I was on my way to walk at the college track.

The bad attitude from CVS started on the phone, before they ever saw my shirt. 

I *did* ask CVS to transfer it back while I was on the phone, before they saw my shirt. They told me they "didn't have time" and that I should call the doctor to deal with it. That attitude was completely unnecessary.

I understood that from your post that it started before you got there. 

The requesting pharmacy is responsible to ask for the transfer. Call original location and ask them to transfer it back. 

Who is the shirt speaking to, if not the reader? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tap said:

I understood that from your post that it started before you got there. 

The requesting pharmacy is responsible to ask for the transfer. Call original location and ask them to transfer it back. 

Who is the shirt speaking to, if not the reader? 

The shirt speaks to me, the wearer. I thought it was funny for when I workout. 

I am tired and don't really feel like arguing about any aspect of this. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some sort of scam involved that I had not considered.  I already asked Walgreens to transfer it back. All CVS had to do was say "Sorry for the inconvenience and mixup. Here's how to fix it..." instead of "I don't have time for this. Call your doctor and get a new Rx". That's rude and unnecessary.

You may not believe me, but I am exceedingly polite to people who work public-facing jobs. I have worked many of those jobs and know how rude and nasty people can be. I say please and thank you, and apologized to both pharmacy techs for being stuck with sorting out this weird problem for me. 

• Like 4

This is very disconcerting indeed, and bad form to tell the customer to fix it (as if the time of the customer and the doctor's office staff were less valuable than theirs). I once had a strange thing happen where a pharmacy transferred (?) their own prescription to themselves (no other pharmacy involved)  and irreversibly lost several refills for multiple drugs simultaneously. They could never explain what happened.

Thanks for the good laugh about the shirt. I can just imagine what you thought when you realized what you had been wearing when complaining.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MissLemon said:

We received a call today from our local CVS, saying it was too early to pick up one of DH's prescriptions. The problem is, we never transfered his prescriptions to CVS. 

I talked to both CVS and our current pharmacy, and neither agree on what happened. CVS says the transfer request came from Walgreens, Walgreens says it came from CVS, the person that input the request at CVS, naturally, was gone for the day by the time I got there. 

According to the tech at Walgreens, CVS made the request with an old Rx number. They happily faxed over the current Rx number. Both pharmacies seemed blissfully unconcerned about the possibility of fraud and there was a whiff of CVS not believing me when I said NO ONE in my household had authorized this. 

Has anyone heard of this? The Rx is for a very unexciting, inexpensive bp medication. Our pharmacy benefits are via CVS Caremark, but we can fill at any pharmacy, (and we have for years). 

I agree that it was probably a simple mistake but you should, in no way, be the one responsible for contacting your doctor to fix it. WTH?

As an aside, we also have pharmacy benefits via CVS Caremark but have never used anyone else because we don't know what the cost would be. Would you be willing to share what you miss out on by going to, say, Walgreen's or Walmart, for example?

8 hours ago, Wildcat said:

I agree that it was probably a simple mistake but you should, in no way, be the one responsible for contacting your doctor to fix it. WTH?

As an aside, we also have pharmacy benefits via CVS Caremark but have never used anyone else because we don't know what the cost would be. Would you be willing to share what you miss out on by going to, say, Walgreen's or Walmart, for example?

I don't think we miss out on anything by using a pharmacy other than CVS. I haven't done a lot of price shopping because all of our prescriptions are very cheap no matter where we go.  I tried the Walmart pharmacy, but the Walgreens is more convenient, so I switched. 

I'm chalking up the pharmacist's attitude to a bad day. No one seemed happy to work at this CVS prior to the pandemic, and it doesn't look like anything has improved for the staff over the last 18 months. Hopefully she can find a better work place soon. 

• Shoeless changed the title to Solved, thanks.
On 8/24/2021 at 8:10 PM, MissLemon said:

I don't think we miss out on anything by using a pharmacy other than CVS. I haven't done a lot of price shopping because all of our prescriptions are very cheap no matter where we go.  I tried the Walmart pharmacy, but the Walgreens is more convenient, so I switched. 

I'm chalking up the pharmacist's attitude to a bad day. No one seemed happy to work at this CVS prior to the pandemic, and it doesn't look like anything has improved for the staff over the last 18 months. Hopefully she can find a better work place soon. 

Thanks. I may have to look into this. I hate "having" to use one pharmacy over another. Plus, our CVS is on a horribly busy intersection with a horrible little parking lot and are insanely busy. I'd rather just get my scripts at the grocery store!

On 8/24/2021 at 8:10 PM, MissLemon said:

Coming back to add that I kept thinking about this, so I googled. It seems that the CVS Caremark is actually a prescription PLAN and can be used anywhere that accepts it. It's like having BCBS  or Aetna health insurance and finding someone 'in network'. If you look for the CVS Caremark national network, you'll find a PDF of places that accept it like--- Walgreens, Costco, etc. Nasty trick on their end (and on the end of the employer) for not explaining that to us! They are routinely the most expensive pharmacy and I see a lot of people complain about 'having' to use CVS over the years on various forums. We've had it for years and years, too. Grr.

So, while this might not affect you, @MissLemon, it might benefit someone else. I don't know if it makes you feel better, but something good came of your issues and this thread in that I now know I'm not tethered to CVS pharmacies.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Coming back to add that I kept thinking about this, so I googled. It seems that the CVS Caremark is actually a prescription PLAN and can be used anywhere that accepts it. It's like having BCBS  or Aetna health insurance and finding someone 'in network'. If you look for the CVS Caremark national network, you'll find a PDF of places that accept it like--- Walgreens, Costco, etc. Nasty trick on their end (and on the end of the employer) for not explaining that to us! They are routinely the most expensive pharmacy and I see a lot of people complain about 'having' to use CVS over the years on various forums. We've had it for years and years, too. Grr.

So, while this might not affect you, @MissLemon, it might benefit someone else. I don't know if it makes you feel better, but something good came of your issues and this thread in that I now know I'm not tethered to CVS pharmacies.

Yes, you are definitely not tethered to CVS! I was concerned we were stuck with them when DHs employer started using Caremark, so I read through allllll the paperwork. They really don't make it obvious that you can choose other pharmacies! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MissLemon said:

Yes, you are definitely not tethered to CVS! I was concerned we were stuck with them when DHs employer started using Caremark, so I read through allllll the paperwork. They really don't make it obvious that you can choose other pharmacies! 

I also read through everything when our plan changed to them  and Dh's employer said they were "pleased to contract with CVS to provide a prescription plan" yadda yadda and it sure as heck sounded like we had to use them or go elsewhere and forego any price discounts! 

I'm so ticked to know that all these years I could have gone elsewhere and yet happy to now know that we are free. 🤣