Menu

Female products for young/tiny pre-teen, what would you suggest?

My 12dd is very tiny--can still wear size 6x/7 clothes depending on the brand. She is though developing and the doctor said I had a few months before she started and that was a few months ago (this is a peds. endocrinologist so sadly, he likely knows his stuff).

I realized yesterday when talking with dh that I don't really have anything appropriate in the house for her to use if she were to start soon. I have panty liners and **pons but she isn't ready for those at all.

Any suggestions for good products for young and tiny girls. She is also mildly mentally impaired so it must be the basic, easy to use stuff, nothing "creative".

Any particular brands/types to look for? I haven't used pads for 20 years so I don't even know what is out there.

I just figured I had better have something in the house before I leave dh with her for 4 days while I go out of state. We are also out in the country so no "quick trips" to the store at 2am, etc.

My 12dd is very tiny--can still wear size 6x/7 clothes depending on the brand. She is though developing and the doctor said I had a few months before she started and that was a few months ago (this is a peds. endocrinologist so sadly, he likely knows his stuff).

I realized yesterday when talking with dh that I don't really have anything appropriate in the house for her to use if she were to start soon. I have panty liners and **pons but she isn't ready for those at all.

Any suggestions for good products for young and tiny girls. She is also mildly mentally impaired so it must be the basic, easy to use stuff, nothing "creative".

Any particular brands/types to look for? I haven't used pads for 20 years so I don't even know what is out there.

I just figured I had better have something in the house before I leave dh with her for 4 days while I go out of state. We are also out in the country so no "quick trips" to the store at 2am, etc.

Ottakee,

My 12 y.o. daughter from India is small, though not quite as small as your dd -- she wears size 8 underwear. She started last summer. I was worried about the same issues you are, but I found a product that seems to be appropriate. Always brand has pads that are "ultra thin" and slender. They're smaller overall than normal pads, so they don't cover dd's underwear from belly button in the front to the waist in the back, and they're not as wide in the crotch. She needs something heavier for bedtime (her periods are heavy), but for daytime, these are a good fit.

DD is also slightly delayed, so this whole period thing was a bit of a challenge at first. Getting her to understand the social aspects is a continuing challenge. I've had to be pretty explicit with the expectations: don't talk about it to everyone you meet, wrap used padsup and throw them away, don't leave pads/wrappers, etc., on the floor... The one I never thought to tell her was "don't put a used pad in your PURSE" and bring it home," but we've had to cover that one, too. UGH.

HIH,

Lisa

mom of one bio and two from India.

Dd had her first last Sunday. I hadn't thought ahead so she used one of my maxis. She was miserable that night. The next day we went and bought several varieties. Her favorites were the always maxi thins with wings. She claims it is still not right but that is just because she is really irritated that it happened and slowed her down a step. Preparing in advanced is soooo smart. Way to go MOM!

Melissa