Menu

Are there cherries for sale in your grocery stores?

madteaparty

On 5/25/2021 at 11:16 AM, KungFuPanda said:

I wanted to plant a sour cherry in my yard this year, and prune it to stay small, but these cicadas put those plans on hold. 🤒

Ooof! Those things sound nasty. Glad we just have to deal with grasshopper plagues out here, they seem less enormous and loud that the cicadas. Is it true how bad they are in some parts of the country? 

21 minutes ago, skywards said:

Ooof! Those things sound nasty. Glad we just have to deal with grasshopper plagues out here, they seem less enormous and loud that the cicadas. Is it true how bad they are in some parts of the country? 

They’re quiet now. We just had a storm and the chirping seems temperature-driven. I’ll have to get some audio/video for you guys. It’s crazy. They were insanely loud today before it rained. The trees are covered, the ground is littered with crunchy shells, and the fly around like tiny WWII bombers out there. It’s a rough time to have curly hair. At least they don’t harm my gardens. 

Edited by KungFuPanda

$0.79 a pound here, but they are the mutated double kind. Shopping in this Spanish-speaking desert slum is interesting. The shop owners are incredibly creative about where and how they purchase their stock. We get what we get.

We never run out of toilet paper, but you often cannot read the labels. Stuff comes in from all over the world. I really cannot read the labels when Asian products have Spanish signs on them. But I do know that cerezas are cherries. I learned that watching a Muzzy video. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1