Menu

Question about curriculum bindings

Melissa B

I am considering purchasing a used curriculum package where the current owner has had the spines cut off and the pages three-hole punched and put into binders. I do not like my curriculum in three-ring binders. Can I take all of the binders to Staples or somewhere and have them convert them to spiral bindings? Has anyone tried this before? Do the three-hole-punch holes cause the spiral to be too loose and the pages to tear out?

Thanks!

At the end of each school year, I take the compositions each of my kids have written and have them put into seperate spiral bindings at Staples. These papers have already bin 3-holed punched and kept in a binder during the school year. All I can tell you is that it depends on the person at Staples. Some years, the person does a careful job and the papers turn out great. Other years they seem to just plop them in the machine and everything doesn't get lined up correctly and pages can fall loose.

NOt much to go on...but thought I'd share with you!

Myra

I can't answer your question as I have not tried that, but I did want to warn you that there has been someone making copies of curriculum on 3 hole paper and selling it as *the* actual curriculum . I have heard of that done with HOD for sure. Not saying that is the case with what you are considering purchasing, but just a warning incase.