Menu

Where have you taken AP stats?

I had one dd take it at PAH.  She's an AoPS kid, so didn't love it, but got a 5.

My other one took it at Edhesive.  She also an AoPS kid, basically started the class in March, and by May scored a 5.  

I would lean toward the Edhesive class, because it seemed to efficient.  (It's an easy class.)  

10 hours ago, daijobu said:

I had one dd take it at PAH.  She's an AoPS kid, so didn't love it, but got a 5.

My other one took it at Edhesive.  She also an AoPS kid, basically started the class in March, and by May scored a 5.  

I would lean toward the Edhesive class, because it seemed to efficient.  (It's an easy class.)  

What are the PAH classes like?

11 hours ago, Not_a_Number said:

What are the PAH classes like?

My AP stats class  with PAHS next year will be hosted on Canvas and have one live session per week, plus live office hours, experienced student mentors, and interactive discussion boards, plus access to me any time by email. We will be using The Practice of Statistics (the 4th edition, because it’s very affordable, and additional materials that go beyond the textbook. Real-world exmples are used throughout the course, and there is an emphasis on learning to correctly interpret, apply, and communicate precisely about statistics.

I’m really excited to be teaching it next year!

—Jen

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NittanyJen said:

My AP stats class  with PAHS next year will be hosted on Canvas and have one live session per week, plus live office hours, experienced student mentors, and interactive discussion boards, plus access to me any time by email. We will be using The Practice of Statistics (the 4th edition, because it’s very affordable, and additional materials that go beyond the textbook. Real-world exmples are used throughout the course, and there is an emphasis on learning to correctly interpret, apply, and communicate precisely about statistics.

I’m really excited to be teaching it next year!

—Jen

Thanks for explaining! 

I'm mostly asking for future reference... my kiddos are accelerated but still quite little 😉 . 

• Like 1

My DD is taking it now through Wilson Hill Academy with Mr. Reini, who she adores. She finds the class interesting, relevant (so many practical applications for stats!), and fairly easy. She’s also taking a challenging Honors Pre-Calculus course simultaneously. Obviously, we haven’t seen ‘proof’ in terms of an AP exam score yet, but it seems like a great class. 

We also considered PAH and Blue Tent, but ultimately chose WHA for one last class with her favorite teacher. The BT course is taught by her pre-calculus teacher who was new to us this year, but she is also excellent. Between those three options, you cant go wrong!