Menu

Chemistry suggestions needed

ErinSo

I'd love some advice about which Chemistry programs I should consider.  I'm looking for something for my 10 year old daughter (4th grade-ish).  She would love hands on stuff of course. I need something without too many crazy materials needed, but I'm good with experiments.  I will be reading the lessons to her and working through them with her, so we need a curriculum where that works. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

13 hours ago, JHLWTM said:

This looks like a good option for us.  What do I need to buy for one kid? Do I need the regular book and the student text or just the regular book.  Are there video links included with the digital version only that make that a better option?

7 minutes ago, ErinSo said:

This looks like a good option for us.  What do I need to buy for one kid? Do I need the regular book and the student text or just the regular book.  Are there video links included with the digital version only that make that a better option?

I bought just the digital download:

https://ellenjmchenry.com/product/the-elements-digital-download/

You can print everything out from there. It comes with the answer key. Th description says it comes with the audio files (I don’t recall us using audio files — I don’t know whether they were recently added, or whether I just missed that part of the curriculum 🙂 )

We used the book recommended in the Well Trained Mind- I think it was called Adventures with Atoms and Molecules?  It was a very inexpensive book.  It was just experiments and explanations.  

Later my kids used the elementary Apologia books with co-op.  They were very expensive and basically had the same experiments.  So I preferred the inexpensive one.  But either worked. 

• 2 weeks later...