Menu

I feel like I got a part-time job

Condessa

I think that sounds like a great plan, you're ahead of where we seem to be homeschooling wise.  I'll add that if you find you need to drop things, I don't see why a six year old who is reading relatively well would need phonics this year.  Spending the time snuggling your sweet boy and reading together, and then coming back in a year or two to fill in any holes in his phonics that he didn't sort out on his own, would give you the same results as doing phonics this year.  

I'm sorry you're going through this.  I hope things get easier for you soon.  

6 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

I think that sounds like a great plan, you're ahead of where we seem to be homeschooling wise.  I'll add that if you find you need to drop things, I don't see why a six year old who is reading relatively well would need phonics this year.  Spending the time snuggling your sweet boy and reading together, and then coming back in a year or two to fill in any holes in his phonics that he didn't sort out on his own, would give you the same results as doing phonics this year.  

That’s my suggestion as well. Just let him read and read to him.

OP, if you decide to do any online classes at AoPS that aren’t self-paced, send me a message. I’d be happy to coordinate with you. (I teach on there.)