Menu

Most teens do really need social opportunities (and I have a very introverted DS#1 -- specially curated outside activities absolutely helped him grow socially and helped him develop leadership skills).

So if -- after pandemic shutdown -- your student can get involved in some activities/groups that are fulfilling, and make some friends, homeschooling high school can be terrific. I just know that I have read more than once on these boards that high schoolers without any social opportunities (usually because the family is so rural there just is nothing) is very very tough.

Perhaps once the pandemic has passed, check out some of these past threads for ideas of social and extracurricular activities that your student might be able to link in with while homeschooling high school -- all of these are linked on PAGE 5 of the big pinned thread "High School Motherlode #2" at the top of the WTM High School Board:

Advice for extracurriculars (lots of ideas in the posts) 
What extracurricular activities for the high school years? 
High school and extracurricular passions (how many? how to balance? how to decide?) 
High school socialization (activity ideas) 
DS is so, so lonely (activity & social suggestions for teens) 

Low income people and extracurriculars (suggestions for all ages + ways of cutting costs) 
Congressional Award discussion 
Once your child hits middle school, does all the 'fun stuff' stop? (how gr. 7-12 are fun in new ways + ideas)

Edited by Lori D.