Menu

No masks at a doctor's office?!

Kanin

I just watched this vlog. The whole family is sick with suspected flu. NONE of them wear masks to the Dr.'s office. The doctor isn't even wearing a mask! What the heck?

I checked the date to make sure the vlog wasn't a year old or something. Are no masks in a Dr.'s office a thing? 

Also, if you think you and your entire family have the flu... PLEASE wear a mask to the Dr., even when it's not a pandemic!!

• Sad 1

It says at the beginning of the video that it was from earlier in the year.  Early in the year. 

I totally agree that masks **should** be used when sick with something respiratory to try to decrease transmission, but almost no one used to do that IME. 

1 hour ago, hjffkj said:

he clearly states in the beginning of the video that this happened at the beginning of the year. he then talks about how they handle keeping them occupied, which implies this was prior to them going through being stuck in the house because of covid

Oh phew! Thank you for clueing me in. I thought I was losing my mind!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kand said:

I’m not going to give this family a click, as just the idea of filming your kids’ dr appointment and sharing the video with the world is offensive to me, but that’s crazy. I can’t imagine any dr’s office not requiring masks right now, and to not require them for sick patients is mind boggling. Hopefully they tested for Covid as well and not just flu. 

Thank you for saying this! People putting their children's health issues on social media of any kind bothers me tremendously.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TechWife said:

Thank you for saying this! People putting their children's health issues on social media of any kind bothers me tremendously.

So, I didn't actually watch the video passed the intro because I sort of felt the same way. But I just had to verify that this wasn't a covid time video.