Menu

Okay, pressure cooker peeps, who's got an Asian-inspired chicken breast recipe for me?

katilac

I'll take other fabulous recipes also, but Asian sounds pretty good today, and I have what's often needed on hand. 

I have the Presto 8-quart stainless steel, and their included recipes are less than inspired. I've not used it much, but I'm willing to be converted. 

I don't have a pressure cooker recipe, but I would imagine this one can be adapted or just done as written, it is easy and fast.  

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/teriyaki_chicken_breasts/  It is easier for me to find mirin than sake, so I just do all mirin and no sake.  

I suppose you could cook the rice in the pressure cooker 🤣

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I actually had this exact recipe open in another tab already, so I picked it for today! 

I didn't sautee, because I always like to test 'fast' recipes at their very fastest, and I figured I would just cook as usual if I were going to sautee and so forth. I would reconsider for the next time, because dh said the pressure cooker seemed to really get the flavor deep into the chicken, so I'd be open to sauteeing as usual and still using the pressure cooker. 

My other changes were omitting tomato sauce, adding some general seasoning mix, and adding extra red pepper flakes, because 1/4 teaspoon just seemed silly. I did a teaspoon, and would do even more next time, it was tasty but not hot at all.