Menu

Anyone order to a military base, from Whole Foods thru Amazon? (refrigerated items)

Tap

I want to send my daughter a birthday cake. She will be home tomorrow but I don't know what time. I am thinking about using Whole Foods through Amazon, but haven't ordered refrigerated items from them before. If they are not home, will they leave it on the doorstep? Will it be in a cooler?  They are traveling back home from out of town, so I can't tell her to leave out a cooler for them to put a package into. 

She lives in Las Vegas, and it is still hot there. So even if it doesn't need refrigeration, it can't be left outside.   She lives on a military base and I am not sure about using something like Instacart, because not all drivers can get on base. Any experiences with refrigerated deliveries in hot locations? 

Amazon doesn't know the answer either LOL. Hmm. I guess I could try and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But then she doesn't have a cake.  😞  I don't know if there is really any way to find out. I don't know anyone on the base to ask and the visitor's center is closed till Monday. Oh, well. Maybe I will just tell her to stop by a bakery and pick one out herself on the way home. LOL

12 minutes ago, wonderchica said:

I can’t speak to that specifically, but services like Grub Hub and Uber Eats are popular here to deliver on our base. Maybe something like that?

Hmm. That may be a great idea! I can have them order dinner and dessert!  Thank you!!!

Amazon will leave them in insulated bags.  It is no contact delivery now so they just leave it in the doorstep and ring the bell.  I get text messages on when they are close and when they drop off.  

Those insulated bags are awesome.  I reuse mine for putting meats in coming home from the store.  Just throw away if something  spills.

• Like 1