Menu

Older curriculum options (Konos/Cornerstone)

I know that many people these days either put together their own courses or use a lot of the new options out there. I am curious if anyone can compare or even speak a little about Konos History of the World for high school or the Cornerstone Curriculum (David Quine) Worldviews of the Western World. I never hear much about people using them but I don’t know if that’s because they aren’t very well done or if it’s just that newer things have come along. Has anyone had any experience with either of these? 

• 9 months later...

I know this is a late reply to this post but I wanted to tell you that I MET David and his wife, Shirley, at the AFHE Homeschool Convention this weekend. AND it was the first I'd heard of Cornerstone Curriculum. And I only found out anything about it because I, by happenstance, or God appointment, really, happened to sit with Shirley at lunch. I saw that she had a vendor badge on, so I asked her about Cornerstone. These are SOLID people with a heart not only for Christ, but for teaching homeschooled students solid foundations. In high school, the Worldviews of the Western World not only present the various worldviews that students may come across, but how to be discerning about them, in light of Scripture. I went to convention thinking, "I don't need any more curriculum" but finding out about Worldviews and meeting the people who actually wrote and published the curriculum, I feel like it will be a definite BENEFIT to my son's schooling. HTH!

15 hours ago, scrapbookbuzz said:

I know this is a late reply to this post but I wanted to tell you that I MET David and his wife, Shirley, at the AFHE Homeschool Convention this weekend. AND it was the first I'd heard of Cornerstone Curriculum. And I only found out anything about it because I, by happenstance, or God appointment, really, happened to sit with Shirley at lunch. I saw that she had a vendor badge on, so I asked her about Cornerstone. These are SOLID people with a heart not only for Christ, but for teaching homeschooled students solid foundations. In high school, the Worldviews of the Western World not only present the various worldviews that students may come across, but how to be discerning about them, in light of Scripture. I went to convention thinking, "I don't need any more curriculum" but finding out about Worldviews and meeting the people who actually wrote and published the curriculum, I feel like it will be a definite BENEFIT to my son's schooling. HTH!

Thanks for responding to this. I’ve actually still been considering this. I only have two years left with this particular student. Did they happen to say if you can just cover the last two years of the worldviews of the western world curriculum? 

On 10/1/2020 at 7:59 PM, Nam2001 said:

I know that many people these days either put together their own courses or use a lot of the new options out there. I am curious if anyone can compare or even speak a little about Konos History of the World for high school or the Cornerstone Curriculum (David Quine) Worldviews of the Western World. I never hear much about people using them but I don’t know if that’s because they aren’t very well done or if it’s just that newer things have come along. Has anyone had any experience with either of these? 

I really like World Views..the high school program, by Quine.