Menu

New Academic Book on Homeschooling

YaelAldrich

Ugh.

Why are conservative homeschoolers so scary? Are BLM and other liberally politically active homeschoolers equally scary? We should be glad young people are engaging in the political process, whatever their affiliation.

Obviously this author's problem is with conservatism, not homeschooling.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Momto6inIN said:

Ugh.

Why are conservative homeschoolers so scary? Are BLM and other liberally politically active homeschoolers equally scary? We should be glad young people are engaging in the political process, whatever their affiliation.

Obviously this author's problem is with conservatism, not homeschooling.

I'm no Conservative and you're completely correct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, YaelAldrich said:

That's part of it, that's for sure.

You're right, it's not all of it. I'm crabby today and that article really rubbed me the wrong way 🙄 I probably shouldn't make comments on days like today lol! I just really worry about what is going to happen by the time it's time to hs my youngest (she's now 1.5).

I get comments all.the.time. about how mature my 3 older kids (20, 18, and 16) are, and I attribute that to hs'ing and them being free to pursue their own "thing" instead of being tied to what peers at ps think is acceptable. I get it that the authors are worried about me brainwashing my kids to be conservatives and vote a certain way. But seriously - do they even remember what it's like to be a teenager??? Even if I actually tried to brainwash my teens, it would likely backfire and they'd end up doing and thinking the exact opposite 😂 Teens are people with their own thoughts and opinions. You can influence them, sure. But you can't make them believe something. I have 1 kid who is more conservative than me and 1 who is quite a bit less and 1 who defies categorization when it comes to politics.

Stay away from my hs'ing, dude.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Momto6inIN said:

You're right, it's not all of it. I'm crabby today and that article really rubbed me the wrong way 🙄 I probably shouldn't make comments on days like today lol! I just really worry about what is going to happen by the time it's time to hs my youngest (she's now 1.5).

I get comments all.the.time. about how mature my 3 older kids (20, 18, and 16) are, and I attribute that to hs'ing and them being free to pursue their own "thing" instead of being tied to what peers at ps think is acceptable. I get it that the authors are worried about me brainwashing my kids to be conservatives and vote a certain way. But seriously - do they even remember what it's like to be a teenager??? Even if I actually tried to brainwash my teens, it would likely backfire and they'd end up doing and thinking the exact opposite 😂 Teens are people with their own thoughts and opinions. You can influence them, sure. But you can't make them believe something. I have 1 kid who is more conservative than me and 1 who is quite a bit less and 1 who defies categorization when it comes to politics.

Stay away from my hs'ing, dude.

I hear ya sister! I BECAME crabby when my DH sent me this from the publisher of some of his books. Goodness knows it doesn't take much right now for me to become crabby...

It's obvious he doesn't have teenagers in his life. Or perhaps I encouraged free thinking a little too much in my homeschool.  🤔 

Edited by YaelAldrich
  • Like 2