Menu

Long shot I'm sure, but syncing my old ipod question :-)

mlktwins

So...I have an OLD iPod that has all my favorite things on it.  My laptop died where I used to add new music and sync it.  The hard drive is gone.  

I do have a bit of it saved on an external drive somewhere, but I'm wondering if there is a way I can sync backwards from my ipod to my PC/laptop.  Any thoughts?

When I am reloading stuff into my new computer, I have to do a bunch of work to set it up in itunes.  It doesn't just pop up like I how I had it on my old laptop.

I have a very old Ipod as well and keep having to get new pcs or wipe-out my hard drives.   

The first time I go on ITunes on a new computer, I sign in to my account with my iPod connected.  After that first time, there is a folder formed under the Music folder called ITunes that will then have purchased music in it.     Older music that didn't automatically download, I've added to that folder my opening my Ipod up as a folder and dragging those files into that folder.