Menu

Site that sells science materials, woodworking, wood burning, candlemaking,etc?

I remember learning about a site that sells affordable science materials but I can't remember the name! I don't remember if it was for homeschoolers or not but they had things like geodes, owl pellets, some woodworking kits, woodburning, honeycomb kits?, maybe candle making materials too. It's been some years and I just can't seem to find it in my searching.  Anyone leads would help!   

That might have been Tobin's Lab, although that's WAY back. They were active in the late 90s until about 2005-2007 or so. Loved those guys! They had a fire that set them back, and then once their science-loving son Tobin graduated from homeschool high school, they closed up shop. For awhile, the wife, Tammy Duby, was doing lap booking sessions on the convention circuit for awhile with her Ultimate Lapbook Handbook.

But maybe that's too far back...? 😉 

@BrandonMommy  Are you sure they sold science tools?  I'm thinking of a place (but can't remember the name off the top of my head) that was geared towards selling primarily boy-related toys and things and thus would check off everything but the science tools.  Did they go to conventions?  Did they produce a paper catalog?  If so, what details can you remember about that catalog?

ETA:  I finally remembered the name:  J.M. Cremps. But IIRC, they shut down their online business a few years ago. Their B&M store was in Minnesota. 

Edited by domestic_engineer

22 hours ago, domestic_engineer said:

@BrandonMommy  Are you sure they sold science tools?  I'm thinking of a place (but can't remember the name off the top of my head) that was geared towards selling primarily boy-related toys and things and thus would check off everything but the science tools.  Did they go to conventions?  Did they produce a paper catalog?  If so, what details can you remember about that catalog?

ETA:  I finally remembered the name:  J.M. Cremps. But IIRC, they shut down their online business a few years ago. Their B&M store was in Minnesota. 

I forgot about them.  I loved their catalog!