Menu

Something fun-mascot costume ideas?

Dmmetler

DD15 is doing a UCA mascot camp (virtual) next week. She wants to do spirit squad in college, and wants to try out for the community college for this year if they have a season (usually the cheer team/mascots do basketball games, so tryouts are after classes begin). 

Anyway, she doesn't have a costume from the college, and needs to come up with something to "define her character" and practice building skits, etc. She has a snake, frog, and Pikachu Kirigumi, and was thinking she'd use one of them, but then needs to go from there. Any ideas? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, perkybunch said:

Frog would allow for some neat jumping and tumbling, I would think, as part of the nature of the character.  

Yes!  A good opportunity to use her cheer tumbling skills (if injury is recovered)

Since she doesn't have a college yet, she can create her own 🙂. I suspect even some of the participants who are officially mascots for schools won't have their costumes, either-they suggest using whatever you have to help create a character. 

Tumbling might be hard since she's doing it in the living room :). Usually, they do these on college campuses in conjunction with cheer camps, but this year instructors are doing cheer camps with just one school, and they are dividing all the mascots into groups of 12 and having them zoom in from wherever they are. 

Edited by dmmetler

Choose whichever would be cutest on her.  And maybe ideally also a non poisonous one as poison seems like wrong idea for a mascot.

I’d probably go frog as first choice.  Unfortunately some of the most beautiful looking are poisonous, afaik. 

Although most snake mascots seem to be rattlesnakes or cobras. A frog is easier, just because it has legs. Her frog Kirigumi is green, so no problem there. It's closer to Kermit than an actual species 🙂

I think I'm going to make a basketball-type uniform to go over the body. There are lots of basketball skit ideas, and if she is able to do the community college team, she will be doing basketball rather than football. When she goes to university, it would depend on the school what the spirit squad cheers for. (For one of her top choices, it would be hockey. Not sure if ice skates would be required....)

Edited by dmmetler
  • Like 1