Menu

I need a new printer

bethben

We have a 10+ year old brother laser printer that needs $175 worth of replacement parts and ink and an hp printer that is 4 years old and has bit the dust.  We like the hp instant ink program, but since our internet company changed hands, our hp printer WiFi connection started not working that great.  Our WiFi goes in and out all day (10 seconds out for example) and hat seems to mess with the printer connections.   Now the whole thing is broken so it’s a moot point anyway.  

We have apple products so it needs to work with those.  We don’t print a ton so a continuous ink system doesn’t make much sense at this point.  We would prefer color but don’t want to spend a ton on ink.  Thanks for any suggestions!

Honestly, I would still go HP and Instant Ink. It's sooo convenient and inexpensive, and you don't have to fret over whether you should print multiple pages with lots of color. 

It doesn't have to be a constant connection. One of ours wasn't connected to the network for literally weeks, and it just caught up the information once connected. I would just put a reminder in my phone to reset the connection once a week. 

Or do you mean it messes with the laptop connecting to the printer? That would be a bigger problem, but when I couldn't connect via laptop for the weeks mentioned above, I just emailed to the desktop and printed with the hard connection. 

As you can see, it would really take a lot for me to give up Instant Ink, lol. 

When our old Brother b/w laser printer bit the dust, I bought another one.

Aren't Brothers the official (unofficial) printers of the WTM community?

We have a multi-function one that I use to scan and copy all the time. The network integration and ease of printing wirelessly from Macs and iDevices has really matured with the Brothers vs a decade ago.

Bill