Menu

Do you tear apart your Apologia science notebooks?

pitterpatter

We're using Apologia for science for the first time this year. The middle school General Science student notebook is about two inches thick. I can't imagine DD wanting to constantly write with her arm that high up in the air. Not to mention, having to flip back-and-forth between the various components. Does anyone tear out the pages as you go? If so, does it work out okay to trim the ragged spiral edges and hole punch the pages to insert into a regular binder? TIA!

3 hours ago, pitterpatter said:

We're using Apologia for science for the first time this year. The middle school General Science student notebook is about two inches thick. I can't imagine DD wanting to constantly write with her arm that high up in the air. Not to mention, having to flip back-and-forth between the various components. Does anyone tear out the pages as you go? If so, does it work out okay to trim the ragged spiral edges and hole punch the pages to insert into a regular binder? TIA!

We would cut off the spine (usually at some place like FedEx/Kinko's, because they have the equipment for it and they don't charge a small fortune) and drill it for three holes, put it in a three-ring notebook, take out each page to write on, and put the page back when finished.

• Like 1

Good idea! I may do this.

2 hours ago, Syllieann said:

I have a spiral-bound book like that for DS's literature.  I unbent the ends of the spiral binding, spun the coil out, and stapled it in small sections.

We used to do this for DD's Singapore Math workbooks. I didn't know whether it would be as easy to cut off a spiral, though.

39 minutes ago, Ellie said:

We would cut off the spine (usually at some place like FedEx/Kinko's, because they have the equipment for it and they don't charge a small fortune) and drill it for three holes, put it in a three-ring notebook, take out each page to write on, and put the page back when finished.