Menu

School prep To Do lists

Organized all homeschooling-related passwords into index card flip book...  The beauty is that I'll be able to remove and update cards in the future and it's small enough to fit with supplies...

Each index card has a letter at the top, A to Z.  For example, typingtest.com goes under card letter T.  Yay for not searching for passwords last minute!!!

• Thanks 1

All right, I have writing worksheets ready through the end of January. Don't ask me when I'm going to do the ones for the rest of the year! I think it'll only be about ten more. Maybe in January.

I haven't heard back about track, so I've tentatively planned some local hikes for Thursdays. Next week will be the end of our summer term, and then I'll use a week for housework/errands/appointments (and maybe a day trip to the beach) before we start on the 31st. The whole house needs a good once-over.

• 3 weeks later...

Tuesday is the first official day without ALE.  We have none of our curriculum which is nuts since it was ordered in May.  But between publisher backlogs, shipping back logs and processing through the school being overwhelmed that's where we are at.  So I'm scrambling to find books, documentaries etc to fake it.  Somehow we don't even have the news year math and it's digital.  What a mess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OKBud said:

organize the videos they can choose from into one place ... I guess I'll just have to make a document with links since they are across platforms, but if there's a better way please tell me!...

Hmm, are they recurring use links or individual links? Individual would work in Google Classroom quite easily. Word is to use SeeSaw for K5. 

I need to figure this out myself. What I *think* I want is a web based thing that just looks like a pretty bulletin board, a menu. https://tiie.w3.uvm.edu/blog/virtual-bulletin-boards/  It sorta looks like Google Keep would do what I was wanting. Sorta messy, and I don't know if I can embed it into Google Classroom either.

2 hours ago, OKBud said:

There was no summer 😞 

Yeah, our summer drifted by. I'm trying to morph that into how to have a fabulous fall. Gotta drive up some energy for it.

2 hours ago, OKBud said:

type out and print expectations for each subject for one of the kids...aaaand cook food and do all the yardwork (kids help) today so that I can ride the relaxi-cab after school tomorrow. That's not too much. I suppose we'll stick with it 😄 

Whew

19 minutes ago, OKBud said:

That's interesting, @PeterPan thanks! 

I do like to keep everything in google, but it didn't occur to me to...google it lol and see if there was anything useful there. Yeah, individual links from YT, Netflix, Prime Video, Compass Classroom and Drive-thru history. 

If you find something better, definitely share! :smile:

Adding: Some people are using Google Sites to set up a website. Might be overkill, but it might work or look better.

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 1