Menu

Asymptomatic COVID-19 patients aren’t spreading virus

BookwormTo2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The article said Florida. Is this only in Florida?  This is a huge problem and needs to be Widely publicized and fixed. 

Ugh...man, that sounds like a Florida thing. We are good that way. Sigh. 

19 minutes ago, vonfirmath said:

Honestly, if someone feels they need to be tested, but walks away from one site because its too congested they OUGHT to go to another site to be tested.

I have to wonder at the people who feel they ought to be tested, then can't wait in line for the test and decide not to be tested at all! Are they all just staying in lockdown for 2 weeks after that?

They should, but they don't. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 12:17 PM, vonfirmath said:

Honestly, if someone feels they need to be tested, but walks away from one site because its too congested they OUGHT to go to another site to be tested.

I have to wonder at the people who feel they ought to be tested, then can't wait in line for the test and decide not to be tested at all! Are they all just staying in lockdown for 2 weeks after that?

I don’t know if the lines are still as long, but some people were waiting in line all day to get tested. How long could I wait in line if I had to wait when it’s hot out even though I have A/C in my car? Not all day, I know that. 

As far as false test results for corona, my DH’s hygienist told him that she took her kids to get tested for COVID-19, but after a few hours of waiting her kids couldn’t take the wait any longer. They left, and a week or so later she was contacted and told her kids tested positive for COVID-19 when they actually had never gotten tested. And because their names are in the system as being positive for COVID-19, she couldn’t send them to summer camp— the camp could see their “positive” corona test! 

On 7/13/2020 at 12:40 PM, EmseB said:

This is, quite frankly, a terrifying point of view and justifies any number of draconian measures, pandemic or no. Are we going to arrest and jail people who refuse to mask? Are we willing to use police force to enforce masking? Both ironic given that jails and congregate living are drivers of spread and the current zeitgeist seems to be a movement to give police less reason to use force or arrest people.

Not to mention, the reason that many models were so off in terms of high estimates of fatalities is because they failed to account for individual modification of behavior, much of which is done ahead of or in spite of government rules.

There are medical exceptions for a mask mandate, so even though we see a small percentage of people masking in our area which mandates a mask, some people medically can’t wear a mask. Also, with the past (and continuing) protests there were some people not wearing masks while protesting....so while peaceful protests are allowed and while some people medically can’t wear masks, what should be done about the people protesting who could wear masks but didn’t? I don’t think masks are 100% protection against the pandemic (LOL) so even people wearing masks attending protests in close proximity were possibly exposed to/spreading COVID-19.

28 minutes ago, BookwormTo2 said:

I don’t know if the lines are still as long, but some people were waiting in line all day to get tested. How long could I wait in line if I had to wait when it’s hot out even though I have A/C in my car? Not all day, I know that. 

As far as false test results for corona, my DH’s hygienist told him that she took her kids to get tested for COVID-19, but after a few hours of waiting her kids couldn’t take the wait any longer. They left, and a week or so later she was contacted and told her kids tested positive for COVID-19 when they actually had never gotten tested. And because their names are in the system as being positive for COVID-19, she couldn’t send them to summer camp— the camp could see their “positive” corona test! 

What state (or country) are you in that has a system with people's names and test status? I am in Texas and the only way we know someone is positive or negative is if they send the test to us.

Did you hygienist quarantine for two weeks after failing to get that test?  Or did she continue on her merry way. Because if she felt her kids needed to be tested, she needed to quarantine if she wasn't going to go through with the test.

Edited by vonfirmath
  • Like 2