Menu

Steam mop users: what can I use as a replacement floor protector?

katilac

We bought a steam mop on clearance ages ago and just looked at it 😄

It doesn't seem to have the floor protector, and all my googling is not telling me what it is made of or even looks like. So, what does it seem to be made of, what do you think I can use as a substitute? My first instinct is just to put down a towel, but I'm the person who didn't open the box for a year. 

34 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

You can make the pads out of towels, microfiber clothes, and some knit them.  

This is not the pads you mop with, though. It says, Always place your steam cleaner on the Floor Protector/Resting Mat when not in use. And then to place it on the cleaning pad when hot. 

54 minutes ago, Moonhawk said:

oh, oops.. it says that?

Apparently I'm the person that takes a year to the open the box, AND doesn't read the directions.......Â đŸ˜±

Mine just..sits on the ground. no special anything. 

Mine just sits on the floor too after I remove the used pad.   That plastic resting mat was a pain in the rush to get it perfect to stay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, katilac said:

This is not the pads you mop with, though. It says, Always place your steam cleaner on the Floor Protector/Resting Mat when not in use. And then to place it on the cleaning pad when hot. 

As I said in a post above, I got rid of it as mine was a complete pain to align just right.  I heat mine up on the tile floor but if you don’t want to do that or don’t have tile, a piece of tile from the store would do the same thing. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

As I said in a post above, I got rid of it as mine was a complete pain to align just right.  I heat mine up on the tile floor but if you don’t want to do that or don’t have tile, a piece of tile from the store would do the same thing. 

Perfect! Thank you. 

You could cover a piece of cardboard (or something similar and heat tolerant) on all sides with aluminum foil.  The floor protector I have is a molded tray made of some sort of semi-rigid foam. I just leave my steamer sitting on tile, too.  

• Thanks 1