Menu

Guess what, y'all?! I'm finally an aunt!

PeachyDoodle

Her name is Lilly Rose and she was born this morning to DBIL and DSIL. 🥰🥰🥰

I know it's not the same as having a baby or a grandbaby, but I've waited 41 years and honestly thought my kiddos might be the only grands on both sides forever. 

Unfortunately, they will not be taking visitors for some time, which makes me sad, even though I understand. But still... I'M AN AUNT!!

Now if we can get my sister and other DBIL in gear... 😄

Edited by PeachyDoodle
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, PeachyDoodle said:

Unfortunately, they will not be taking visitors for some time, which makes me sad, even though I understand. But still... I'M AN AUNT!!

Since my dad is the youngest, I ended up being an aunt when I was born. 

My relatives are all over the world so I had a blog where I posted photos and videos of my kids when they were babies. You can password protect a blog or Flickr.

Ask they to send you photos through messaging apps when they are free. Most new parents would oblige. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Ask they to send you photos through messaging apps when they are free. Most new parents would oblige. 

Oh they're already sending pics. But I can't wait to hold her and sniff her new-baby smell!

1 minute ago, Selkie said:

Yay, congrats! Dh and I are both quite a few years younger than our siblings, so we were aunts and uncles long before we had kids of our own.

I'm the oldest -- but dh is the youngest. It just hadn't happened. I think we'd have had a niece or nephew before now if my youngest sister hadn't passed away. She and her bf were on the verge of getting engaged when they died, and dd was only 2 then (ds wasn't born). And my other sister married much later than I did -- she and BIL just celebrated their first anniversary and dh and I will have our 20th in June. My mom became an aunt at 9  -- and my grandma had nieces and nephews older than her!

• Like 2

Congratulations Aunt PeachyDoodle!

I only have one niece -- she's two.  So I went through similar emotions just a few years ago at a similar age.

When my brother called months earlier to announce that they were having a baby, I screamed happily into the phone.  He told me later that my reaction was better than our mom's.  I countered with the fact that our mom had already been a grandmother 6 times and this was my first time being an aunt.  :)