Menu

Text based guide for Much Ado About Nothing?

I used a guide from commonlit.org for Macbeth and I liked some things about it. I would like to find a guide/set of questions for Much Ado About Nothing.  I liked that it seemed very text based. The questions directed you to specific lines/sets of lines and asked questions about them which were also leading to the answer of a larger question about the entire scene or act. 

Is there anything out there like that about Much Ado About Nothing or any other literature works?

Thanks,

Kendall 

I'm not sure about having questions about specific lines, but you can probably find something related to most works you want to cover at sparknotes.com or pinkmonkey.com.  To search Pink Monkey, enter your search in the Google search at the top right for free material; their download store is down the page a bit.

Brightest Heaven of Invention: Christian Guide to Six Shakespeare Plays (Leithart)
High school / adult level; very detailed, with questions after each scene, and specific scenes/lines referenced. Covers: 
- 2 comedies: Much Ado About Nothing; Taming of the Shrew
- 2 tragedies: Hamlet; Macbeth
- 2 histories: Henry V; Julius Caesar

free online:
- Course Hero guide -- 50 discussion questions, by Act/Scene (not by lines), with a little background for context
- Penguin teacher guide 

not Much Ado, but Glencoe Literature Library has free guides for:
- Hamlet
- Midsummer Night's Dream
- Julius Caesar

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 1