Menu

Help diagnose me, please...

Since Friday afternoon, my mid-stomach, right in the pit of my stomach has had burning sensations that comes in waves. It lasts for several minutes. I also feel bloated. It's been worse today. I have no other symptoms. I've had stomach bugs that have felt like this, but vomiting usually follows and it never lasts more than a day. This is going on 3 days if it doesn't stop tomorrow. Does this sound like anything other than a bug? I'm not a sickly person, so I'm not sure what other things this could be except a bug. Thanks. (btw, I'm not going to take your guesses as a substitute for the dr. I will go to the dr. if it continues.)

Sounds like you are producing excess stomach acid. The "waves" is the acid. I actually got to see my "acid waves" on xray, when I was tested at the Drs office. I was dianosed with excess stomach acid with hiatal hernia. It looked liked billows of clouds. hehe! Stress produces more acid, or not having enough food in your stomach to "soak" up the acid.

Is this something that comes on like this or did you have symptoms for a long time? I'm waiting to see if it continues tomorrow to determine if I need to go to the dr. or not. I know I get this once a year or so, but I've always thought it to be a stomach bug. This is the first time it's lasted this long. I guess it's still within the 48 hour range for a virus too. I just want it to be over! Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like you are producing excess stomach acid. The "waves" is the acid. I actually got to see my "acid waves" on xray, when I was tested at the Drs office. I was dianosed with excess stomach acid with hiatal hernia. It looked liked billows of clouds. hehe! Stress produces more acid, or not having enough food in your stomach to "soak" up the acid.

It's in the entire stomach area. The burning sensations come and go and that occurs in the middle of my stomach. I guess it would be referred to as "the pit" of your stomach, right in the center. But, it goes all over my stomach. I don't have pain in my sides or in my chest or lower stomach, just the waistline area I guess. I don't have cramping, just mainly this burning that fans out all over my stomach.

Can you describe the exact location of the pain, using your ribs or other body parts (ie. bellybutton) as landmarks?

Waistline area indicates that the problem is likely intestinal, not stomach. That doesn't rule out an ulcer, as intestinal ulcers are common, but it does make it less likely that the problem is in your stomach. True stomach pain is typically felt much higher up, near your ribs.

I hope you feel better soon!

I have burning sensations in my waist area all the way across, and the doc said it is IBS. She told me to take daily fiber pills, probiotics, and eat plenty of fruits and veggies.

One doc tried to tell me it was my gallbladder and wanted to take it out, but since I am terrified of being cut open I kept looking.

Hopefully you will feel better soon and the doc will have some answers if it does not go away.

Hows your digestion? does eating food, or certain types of food help? is it worse on an empty or full stomach? Does any food make it worse? Do you take any medications? Are you feeling well apart from it, or feeling like you have a bug (needing extra rest etc)?

because today I feel back to normal. It just came on Friday afternoon and lasted through last night. I woke up this morning feeling normal in my stomach. So, I'm guessing I had a bug even though I didn't feel bad. Of course, if it comes back I'll know it wasn't a bug. But, my stomach doesn't get like that often, so I don't think it's a chronic condition. It could be the start of something, though. I sure hope not. Thanks for all the responses. I will keep them in mind if this continues or pops up again anytime soon.