Menu

Dog folks: online training classes?

Innisfree

I need to replace dd15's usual obedience class for her dog with something online, if possible. She's doing advanced basic obedience for the second time, but has gone back after a break of about a year, thinking she does maybe want to start taking part in obedience trials, trying to fine-tune things that hadn't worried her before, like precise sitting position. Anyway, if I refuse to take her to her regular class (which hasn't thought it necessary to close yet, despite most people there being retirees!), she's going to spontaneously combust unless I can provide an interesting alternative.

Are there any classes or trainers that you can recommend? It doesn't have to be obedience, necessarily, though agility was a flop with this dog. I was looking at Fenzi Dog Sports, which seems to have some classes on fear issues, and Karen Pryor. Are these good, and are there others you'd suggest? 

I don't want to get into paying large amounts, but I'd be happy to get a couple/few less expensive classes to keep her occupied, or maybe more for a really good class. She's already watched a lot on YouTube, though I'm not sure precisely what.

I'll be grateful for any suggestions.

https://www.fenzidogsportsacademy.com/

I have taken classes by Sue Ailsby, whose Training Levels books I dearly love.  She is currently on sabbatical, but from my understanding, all of Fenzi's instructors are excellent.

(sorry to recommend Fenzi when you already mentioned it)

Edited by Familia
...didn't fully read your post.
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Familia said:

https://www.fenzidogsportsacademy.com/

I have taken classes by Sue Ailsby, whose Training Levels books I dearly love.  She is currently on sabbatical, but from my understanding, all of Fenzi's instructors are excellent.

(sorry to recommend Fenzi when you already mentioned it)

No, I'm really glad you did mention Fenzi; I just knew they existed, didn't have any experience with them. Thanks!

• Like 1