Menu

If you used SWB's History of the Ancient/Medieval/Renn World . .

Did you add any primary sources from these time periods?

The last three or four years I have been adding primary sources to our main text (Human Odyssey).

I was wondering if you did this with the SWB series, and if you have any texts to recommend. (Or a schedule of using portions of sources like Herodotus, etc.).  

Does anyone know something about these:

A Medieval Omnibus: Sources in Medieval European History

Renaissance and Reformation Reference Library: Primary Sources    https://www.amazon.com/dp/0787654736/?coliid=I2DB9BR96158XE&colid=231ENAT246CQ2&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Edited by cintinative

WE read the Story of Western Science alongside and read original sources from links from that. 

We read a lot of literature from The Well Trained Mind to go along and went to museum exhibits and such. We are doing much more original source work now with modern history (for which there is no SWB book, lol.)  WTM supplied us with an amazing reading list which we in no way tried to do in full, but gave us lots of choices. 

• Like 1

Yes, I really do. Dd17 likes it too. It's organized enough that she can follow it on her own. It links to the primary sources and has critical thinking activities with each unit. We go over those for discussion time with dd15.  It's nicely done. I just add WTM literature readings and videos/ documentaries. 

Edited by 2_girls_mommy
  • Like 1