Menu

s/o queen mattress - online full size not memory foam

Lady Florida.

Dh made a bed frame for ds 22 and we're going to buy him a mattress for it. This will be his bed and when he moves out he can take it with him. I'm sure someday he'll buy a new mattress but we want to start him out with one that's comfortable and will last a good number of years until he's ready to replace it.

He does not want memory foam. Has anyone bought a traditional mattress online? Recommendations? Not super cheap because he'll be using it for a few years, but not top of the line either. 

ETA: A foam topper or pillow top is okay. He just doesn't want all foam.

Edited by Lady Florida.

The mattress I love best I bought online.  It’s the one that was used at a timeshare we stayed at for a week, and the next time we needed a mattress we remembered how comfortable that one was and got it.  It has been great, and supposedly it is built for the hotel market and hence sturdier than home ones.  Pro tip—all of the nicer mattresses now are thicker than the old ‘standard’ mattress thickness I grew up with.  We had to buy a special thin Bucky board instead of a box spring because of this, or I would have needed a step stool to get into bed.  Depending on your frame height, you might need to plan for this.

The mattress we got was from Simmons Hotel Bed, and the timeshare we stayed at was the Tahoe Beach and Ski Club.  If you wanted the exact same one, you would call them and say the name of the timeshare and they would match you up.

• Like 1

You can buy Select Comfort (Sleep Number) beds online. They have about a dozen different models with various features (plain top, pillow top, foam tops of varying thicknesses, etc) that change the price point. When he moves, he will deflate it, roll it up, and put it back in a box to take with him. They have a 90-day full satisfaction guarantee, and a  20 year prorated warranty. They're perfectly suited to sit on a platform bed. (If bed frame has slats, you'll need a bunky board or plywood over the slats.

Edited by Suzanne in ABQ
  • Like 1