Menu

Puppy is here.

gardenmom5

we went and picked up the puppy yesterday.  He'd doze, and cry. (heard him bark once, and growl once.) It was a three hour drive.  He' also whine when he needed to piddle.  He's so tiny, <5lbs.  I have a picture of both of them for perspective.  (they're full-blood siblings - different litters.  Breeder rarely does the same paring twice.)  C was excited to have someone new to play with - he had to adjust to this very tiny puppy, that isn't gong to be tearing around the yard anytime soon.

C is learning to play tug-o-war with the puppy. apparently, he even let the puppy win a few.  Yes, puppy can easily walk right under C.

1ds lives with dd - and his computer is set up so he can always talk with his gf.  her dogs were "concerned" when they'd hear the puppy cry.  Hopefully, the puppy will sleep better tonight.  (eta: yes - he has a sibling blanket.)

tsuga cedar tug-o-war.jpg

tsuga.jpg

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 26

10 minutes ago, madteaparty said:

What breed is that? So cute 

Australian Labradoodle.  It's a recognized breed in Australia, and they would meet the standard there.   They are a smaller/medium sized dog.  They can have three types of coats - this is the soft fleece coat (hair, must be brushed, and cut.)

C is 17" at the shoulders.  the parents are similar height, around 25 lbs - but C is more like 35lbs.  I'm sure after puppy (my mind is starting to refer to him as the black ball of fluff) gets big enough to run him around - he'll be burning more calories.  He's not a big eater, and i's fed on a schedule - he still leaves food in his dish (unless something really yummy gets dumped on it.  Like beef drippings.)

• Thanks 1