Menu

One more transcript question, if you can stand it....

Yay!  I got my DD's transcript onto 1 page, painlessly!  My question:  I am including in the credit count and GPA three courses (Algebra I, Latin I, French I) that she took in 8th grade.  How do I list these on the transcript?  Do I make a fifth column for 8th grade work that was completed before high school?  I don't like that, really, but I am not sure if that's the way it's done.  I prefer to list those courses to the side, in a section that says "high school courses taken prior to 9th grade", but I am not sure how to roll those credits/grades into the cumulative GPA I list for each year.  Shall I add those credits and points in at the end of 12th grade in the final GPA and credit count, or is it more customary to add them into the 9th grade GPA and credit count, at the beginning of the high school career?

4 minutes ago, 8FillTheHeart said:

I include them. Every state I have lived in does. What is the norm there?

Eta: btw, schools recalculate anyway, so no biggie. If they don't like them there, they'll remove them.

I am including them.  But I was wondering how to list them on the transcript and *where* to list the GPA and credit counts that include them.  Does that make sense?  I think I worded it poorly.

I did my transcript like the one 8 linked to, but wrote it as "pre-9th" rather than 8th because some of the math classes were 6th and 7th grade in addition to 8th. As I remember, I included algebra 1, geometry, algebra 2, discrete math, and Mandarin 1.  I did not include grades from these classes in his GPA or in a credit count for high school. 

Edited by lewelma
  • Like 1

I put them with ninth grade courses, but with a superscript and note that these were courses taken before high school for high school credit but that I did not include them when calculating GPA. I did list grades so if a college  would normally include them in college calculations, they could add them in. I was very conservative and decided to only include math classes, though I technically could have counted language and a science.  I chose not to put the foreign language because it wasn’t one he continued in high school. 

Edited by Penelope
  • Like 2