Menu

Giddy with excitement - going home

Well, here is really home, so I guess my family's home. We've been outside the US since 2004 but back each year; this time we've been here for over a year with no visits. We leave on Wednesday. Twelve hours of flying but we'll be in California for Turkey Day and some time to visit beyond that.

We're going to FREEZE - we're already frozen with Norte No. 10 coming through, but we'll have family to keep us warm (and lend us long-sleeved shirts. :)). I promised the kids I'd get them shoes and socks the day after Turkey Day. They're already dreading the cold but we're SO EXCITED about seeing family again!

I have about 2 million things to do tomorrow starting with 2 dentist appointments and trying to figure out all the weird airline and US flying regulations.

But we're SQEEEEEE with excitement!

(just had to share... :))

How wonderful! Your kids will never forget it.

And you can do what people in Sheboygan do when relatives and friends from the warmer regions visit. First they ask what sizes people wear. Then they go shopping at Goodwill and buy warm coats for all the visitors, at $5 each. Then when the visitors pack themselves off to the sunny south, the coats go back to Goodwill. It's a great system. :001_smile: