Menu

School Profile - Where to upload on CA?

Mom0012

I finally had a chance to go back in and find this. The reason I missed it is that all my info rolled over from when my ds applied to colleges two years ago. So, I think when I started it this year, it automatically started me with the student section. Just an FYI for anyone who is doing this for the second time! A lot of the info was complete and I thought I had done it for my dd awhile ago and forgotten about it, but then I realized all the dates and info were wrong. My school profile from when my ds applied was even still uploaded.

• Like 1

Okay, so next CA question —

What are people doing for the rankings? I could go with “no basis” or “outstanding - top 5%” or “one of the few students that stands out over my career”.

If that last option wasn’t there, I would say outstanding without thinking twice, but the last option feels awkward because this is one of two students I have had and this is not my “career”. And yet, if I only say “outstanding” will it be clear that the last option would feel awkward for a home school parent or will it seem like I don’t think she truly stands out when I absolutely do? Argh.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you don't mind if I piggyback on your question...  This is my first time filling out the common app.  There is a place to upload the school profile in pdf format.  Then under the student ranking section there is a section called Homeschool School Report with room for essay style answers (but not uploading a pdf).  Any idea how these differ or would they be basically the same information?

Edited by RanchGirl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RanchGirl said:

Hope you don't mind if I piggyback on your question...  This is my first time filling out the common app.  There is a place to upload the school profile in pdf format.  Then under the student ranking section there is a section called Homeschool School Report with room for essay style answers (but not uploading a pdf).  Any idea how these differ or would they be basically the same information?

How you use the Homeschool specific section will depend in part on what you include in a School Profile and/or Course Descriptions.  Some people just write "see course descriptions" or "see school profile" as appropriate. 

I really liked my course descriptions and didn't want to take too much attention away from them. I think I did include some brief specifics about contact hours for outside classes in the homeschool section. 

• Like 2