Menu

X Post: Hebrew Sequence

Slache

What did you do that worked? We want to be able to read the Old Testament. My son has a gift for language and wants to do Hebrew now but I'm uncomfortable adding to our current workload. I'm considering having him memorize the alphabet, gifting him Dobson for his free time and that being it for the next several years. My original plan was to do Hebrew in high school.

9 hours ago, Michelle Conde said:

I’m curious, too.  My second dd has taken an interest in learning Hebrew.  I think it’s too late to add much for this coming term, unless it’s something super easy to implement, but I would live to hear about some ideas for the future.

This is super easy to implement. I have no background in Hebrew but the Greek book by the same author is wonderful.

6 hours ago, WendyAndMilo said:

Only the OT or modern Hebrew as well?

Just OT.

25 minutes ago, WendyAndMilo said:

Berhman house has some great curriculum for modern Hebrew.  DS started when he was 4 with Aleph Bet and we went through 3 other books.

This is what I was going to suggest as well.  This is the book we did: https://store.behrmanhouse.com/index.php/shalom-uvrachah-primer-print-edition.html

Edited by EKS

58 minutes ago, WendyAndMilo said:

Well, it’s the official language of Israel and spoken by about 9 million people (in the grand scheme of languages, not a whole lot I know).  But there’s also quite a lot of literature that I wish I could read if my Hebrew was better.

I had no idea it was spoken by so many people. Interesting.

Eta: I knew it was the official language but my missionary friends said everyone there speaks English and I think I took that too literally.

Edited by Slache