Menu

Would this look odd?

Loowit

I am redoing out downstairs bathroom.  It only has a toilet and sink in it.  We took down an old wall paper border that I didn't care for and are repainting and putting in bead board wainscotting.  The top of the wall is purple (Behr "Romantic Moment").  I did a color wash technique with a light colored paint ("Mystical Mist") for the bead board.  For the border, we got a trim with a leaf pattern.  My original thought was the make it the same as the wainscotting because that is how I have always seen it done.  But now I am wondering if it would look nice if I did the same color wash technique with a green paint for the leafy trim boards.  I am horrible about visualizing colors and rooms, so I am not sure if it would just look bad or if it would be cute.

Is the bead board going to be white? I tend to think that the trim on the top edge of the bead board is part of the bead board section and should match its color. So if you have the purple wall, then a green trim piece to mark the top of the bead board, then white bead board, I do think it might look odd.

If you are painting the bead board after you install it, you can try it with the green and then paint it white again, if you don't like it.

• Like 1

Bead board is a white(ish) with a tint of purple in it, but I used a color wash technique so it is opaque and the wood grain shows through.  I didn't want to do full on paint because of the detail, especially in the trim, would get lost.