Menu

Anyone have an opinion on the Samsung S10 or S10+?

mlktwins

I have had my Samsung S5 since April 2014.  It is time for a new phone as mine is getting slower and slower.

DH and I have had good luck with Samsung.  We are not an iPhone family (I love my iPad though 😀).

One huge requirement for me is camera and video quality.  I don't  want to have to lug my big camera and lenses around as much anymore, but I love photos 😁.  

I like the bigger screen on the Samsung because I am old!  I have smallish hands though and I'm not sure if the S10 or S10+ will be too big for me to handle comfortably.

Any opinions?  Any suggestions for other phones with great camera quality?

I switched to an S8 this year and have been happy.  I cannot compare it with the S10 though, so I might not be much help.  It has good battery life.  I'm very happy with the camera and video, but I may not be as discerning as you on that.  

The thing to consider, since you're already concerned about the phone being too big, is adding a case to it.  I forgot how much smaller (and thinner) my S8 was  until I took the case off to clean the phone.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

I switched to an S8 this year and have been happy.  I cannot compare it with the S10 though, so I might not be much help.  It has good battery life.  I'm very happy with the camera and video, but I may not be as discerning as you on that.  

The thing to consider, since you're already concerned about the phone being too big, is adding a case to it.  I forgot how much smaller (and thinner) my S8 was  until I took the case off to clean the phone.  

Thank you!!!  I haven't held any of the phones yet, but I have an Otterbox Defender on my current phone.  My phone is still like brand new because of it :-).  Definitely something to remember because it does add size to it!!!

I had an S4, then S7, and got the S10 in March. I love it. The camera is amazing! The battery life is great. I'm a fan of Samsung phones so I might be the wrong person to give an objective opinion but I don't have a single complaint. I was happy with my S7 but it reached the point where the battery didn't last long and it was acting wonky. I thought it had a nice camera until I got my new S10 and saw the difference.

People complain about Bixby but I like it (my 21yo actually showed me that it's useful). However, there are plenty of instructions online to sort of disable it (Samsung won't let you completely disable) as well as ways to assign the Bixby button to something else. 

If it's in your budget I highly recommend it.

ETA: My test for whether a phone is too big is if it will fit in my pocket. The S10 fits just fine. 

Edited by Lady Florida.

I've had my S3 since Nov 2013 - LOL!  The buttons, well apps, have been sticking.  Although it might only be a matter of clearing space b/c I only have 16 gigs.  Like mlktwins, I have on Otterbox and the phone itself looks brand new.  

DD and I need new phones but we'll get pre-owned "unlocked" (or whatever it's called - I may have to search for my older thread on this) as we'll stay grandfathered in that way (I think). DD likes Apple and I like Samsung.  

I don't know about the 10 but agree with others to consider size and adding a case will definitely add more size.  I'm going to miss my "physical hard" home button.  I like feeling for it knowing that's the bottom of the phone.  Maybe the "soft" home button works well.  I can not stand that the newer versions have no replaceable battery.   I bought 2 additional batteries for my S3 and rotate through them.  It has helped this phone to celebrate nearly 6 years of good use!  

I will definitely be looking for a minimum 64 gig.  :LOL!