Menu

Recovering from hysterectomy

Terabith

Just now, Terabith said:

I am really tired today.  Pondering going back to bed, but afraid I will mess up my sleep cycle and be unable to sleep tonight.

Yeah, just rest. Do a puzzle, sit, get horizontal a little and read then sit up again. Be good to yourself.

Has the sweeping been done in the last month? I'm pretty sure once a month is enough unless you have oxen in your house. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I'm not good with puzzles, but 300 pieces might be doable. 

https://www.libertypuzzles.com  If you want to splurge, these are wonderful. They're laser cut wood and they feel good just to move in your hands and smell. They have specialty cuts, so they're cute to look at too. And you could bang out your christmas shopping there, a two-fer. :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

I know I probably keep doing too much.  But mostly I feel really good!!!   It’s not like when you’re sick and you feel lousy.  I feel good and I have energy and I’m bored.  And I hate feeling useless and like I’m not contributing to family life.  It makes it hard to stay quiet.  And afterwards when I feel tired and sore, it’s not THAT tired or bad pain.  It’s take some ibuprofen and sit for a bit.  But, I am still a little bit tired and a little bit sore.  I will take it easier today.  I see my surgeon on Monday and will see what she says too.  

When you're feeling good, congratulate yourself for resting, and rest some more.

You gave birth to the little persons (regardless of how old they are at this moment) in your house. You have contributed to family life. Now stay quiet. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PeterPan said:

Now see what a range of opinions we have! I say crank up the music and shoot nerf guns at cats, and Ellie says to be quiet and good... You could merge them and stalk the cat quietly before you zing. 

Cranking up the music and stalking kittehs with nerf guns, 'cuz you can sit on the sofa or a comfy chair so your body is still being quiet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You could sit but move in an office chair... That's what they did with me after I had ds (at home). I was so stretched out I could hardly walk. One wheely chair and I was in action. 

On a lighter note, have you collected your 4th of July recipes to pinterest yet? I'm getting ready to go buy wax beans. The old is new again, lol.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So, about three weeks out, working on endurance, and I have been flattened by some kind of virus.   Feel ridiculous but don’t feel like I have a choice about resting at this point.  Can barely stumble from bed to bathroom to couch exhausted and achy/ splitting headache/ sore throat/ low grade fever/ viral rash.  So I am resting.  Trying to decide if it merits a visit to doctor.   I don’t think it’s related to surgery. Both kids have been sick too.  Guessing surgery didn’t help my immune system.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1