Menu

Accountability Thread 5/26-6/1

Good morning. Last week of May! How are plans for summer coming along? Mine are in a holding pattern. We are finished with all the regular school year subjects, and I usually don't do history or science over the summer beyond documentaries and just getting out and doing things. We will continue Math and Latin, reading for pleasure, creative writing, and painting and drawing.  Today, I'm trying to rest, get some writing done, and catch up on the laundry after being gone all day yesterday. Other than that, not much going on here.

• Like 1

We are returning home Friday (!!!), the boys are sick, and DH is cranky, so our end-of-travel goals involve: helping DH be happy by being organized about packing & having things done early; enjoying as thoroughly as possible our time here; knocking out a bit of structured stuff so that I can feel the progress & the boys appreciate the free time they have. 

Our summer plans are, so far, somewhat de-railed by travel taking more time than I thought & by health troubles kicking in.  On the happy front, we haven't regressed.  Also the boys watched a whole, live Shakespeare history and kind of enjoyed it.  Finally: elder DS' tummy troubles are getting better, slowly but surely. 

I'm hoping to, over the next few days, get a handle on our summer goals & plans.  For that, I need a sketch of elder DS' trajectory -- at least some idea of it, preferably more than I have now.  Perhaps I ought to start with younger DS. 

• Like 1

Morning. Yesterday we started our summer schedule, which is just Algebra, Latin, Free Reading, and Creative Writing. I'm not going to be more disciplined than that. The boys have a trip east planned with grandparents to see the Appalachians. I wish I could go, but my idea of a good time is sitting around on top of a mountain writing, which isn't anyone else's idea of a good time. So I'll do a trip with me, myself, and I another time!  And maybe take DH. He's pretty content on top of a mountain, too. 

Today is basically a day to catch up stuff after the busy end of the week. The river is set to crest on Friday now, and I don't know how long it will take things to recede and dry out enough to move the bees back into the river bottom. So for now, they'll stay on the trailer and forage here. I planted my lone two hills of squash, but the boy has delay some planting due to a need for deer protection in the outside garden. Had a few come up and browse the tops out of all our raspberry plants last night. They'll recover, but it was annoying. I'm trying to get a referral appointment set up (don't ask--I know I'm not supposed to have to deal with the referral office directly, but apparently I must), and I'm writing, cooking, and picking up art at the art center later today. Busy!

• Like 1

Morning. Today is a moderately busy day. Art this morning, then pick up our art at the center. I didn't do it yesterday because about the time I was ready to go, the bottom fell out of the sky and it poured and stormed for the rest of the day. Not ideal to be carrying artwork out to the car with lighting popping around the huge oak trees at the place. So we will get that done today instead. After that, we'll probably go to the lake. I want a quiet afternoon somewhere. I worked hard yesterday and got one novel finished (85K first draft) and I have a character I need to get done before my rewrite of the first book planned for July. Plus, he's a big character in book 4, which I want to write in the month of June. So, he needs to be done.

Got a doctor's appointment on Friday.