Menu

Writing Strands!

wehave8

I loved the original Writing Strands, but I didn't get to use all of them, just part of Level 3 and 4. If I were hsing again, I would do everything possible to do all of the levels. I think it's a great underappreciated writing series.

• Like 1

We used from 2-4 with the oldest.  I still have 3 to use with the youngest and *I* love it....but he doesn't.  He found it very overwhelming to come up with a topic AND go through a writing exercise at the same time.  I keep thinking I should hang on to it, because it has such a wide age span, but I don't know.  I will say that pulling the material and tweaking it works well for an 11yo I work with, but I don't use the entire book with him, either.

• Like 1

I used WS 3 with ds last summer and plan to use WS 4 with him this summer (we us R&S during the school year).  The following summer I'm thinking either WS 5 or Wordsmith.  I'm not sure about the levels after that but may buy them just in case.  They're cheap used on Amazon or eBay.

• Like 1