Menu

Using Liquid Gold on cabinets

Night Elf

I did this once a long time ago and it made my cabinets look so good! How often would I need to do this to keep them looking nice? I'm trying to find a house cleaner and that is a job I'd like her to tackle, like doing two kitchen cabinet doors a week. I honestly don't remember how long my cabinets looked nice. Is this monthly? Every 6 months? Any clue?

Being honest here- I don’t know of a single housekeeper who would do this the way you are asking.  Deep cleaning the cabinet doors at once and then applying the liquid gold would be done all together.  A deep cleaning of the outside of cabinets is either every 3-6 months depending on what you want and kitchen use.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Being honest here- I don’t know of a single housekeeper who would do this the way you are asking.  Deep cleaning the cabinet doors at once and then applying the liquid gold would be done all together.  A deep cleaning of the outside of cabinets is either every 3-6 months depending on what you want and kitchen use.  

I did not deep  clean my cabinets when I put liquid gold on them. I just rubbed it on and they looked great. It was a lot of work though and I only did two doors at a time. It took me about a week to get the whole kitchen done.

3 hours ago, Night Elf said:

I did not deep  clean my cabinets when I put liquid gold on them. I just rubbed it on and they looked great. It was a lot of work though and I only did two doors at a time. It took me about a week to get the whole kitchen done.

You should clean them very well before applying it. You trap grease, dust, etc that is in all kitchens that anyone cooks in under it.  

I wonder if it seemed to be a lot of work because you didn't clean them first? Liquid Gold is just polish, and shouldn't be any harder than putting on any other polish. Spray or wipe on, rub off excess. Cleaning the cabinets first . . . not always so easy. It's typically significantly harder than this video makes it seem, especially if it's been awhile since they've been cleaned well. But applying LG really is as easy as shown.