Menu

Prealgebra for an artistic child

smfmommy

My daughter who loves all things art will be doing prealgebra next year in eighth grade.  She has done some prealgebra this year but I don't think she is solid enough to move on to algebra so I want to review everything again.  I am looking for materials that are interesting to look at - color or layout wise.  Some interesting puzzles would be nice, not just rows and rows of drill.  I would prefer printed materials and it doesn't have to be a full curriculum.  She knows the basics she just needs some time to mature and get confident in what she knows.  Any suggestions?

Gonna be following cause I love combining subjects like this.

I did think to do a quick search on TeachersPayTeachers.com with "algebra art" and there were some interesting projects that came up  (and you can limit it to "free" products and there's even some really good ones there, mostly having to do with making art using graphing with algebra).

Edited by goldenecho

Thank you for the suggestions.  I'll have to go take a look at TPT.  The Usborne book looks like something she would enjoy.  My older kiddos have often complained that all the fun/cute stuff ends in elementary.  It seems rigorous = plain/boring lay out or overwhelming amounts of problems on each page or both at least in the higher grades.