Menu

What's with the ads?

kfeusse

facebook...tech question

why is it that I can access facebook from my phone while I can't from my desktop.  I am using the same internet service for both.  It worked yesterday no problem.  Is it a facebook thing or  my computer?  and if it' my computer, how can I fix it?   thanks. 

No idea, but I wanted to let you know that before I came to the forums I tried to check FB and it will not load on my iPad.  So something is up.

• Like 1

From CBS Chicago https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/04/14/facebook-instagram-whatsapp-down/

“(AP)– Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp are down.

All three social media platforms, including Facebook Messenger, were not loading as of early Sunday morning.

Downdetector.com, a site that monitors site outages, shows Facebook has been down since 6:30 a.m. in much of the world, with thousands of reported outages concentrated in northeastern U.S., Europe and the Philippines.”

There was a worldwide outage of all their services for several hours. I used both Facebook and Messenger shortly before coming here so it seems they're back. Whether it's back for everyone or whether it's back consistently, who knows.

https://mashable.com/article/facebook-instagram-whatsapp-messenger-down/#GkATfI0qaZqz

Facebook has been giving me all sorts of trouble lately. It shows me one or two new posts, then a whole list of posts from days ago. Refresh, and I get one or two different new posts, then the same days-old posts again. Ugh. So annoying.

Whatever they're doing, I wish they'd quit it already!

• Like 1