Menu

Site slow?

Hey,

We are following up on these concerns, and the forum tech support people have two questions for you guys:

1. Are the forums still behaving slowly and/or are consistently behaving slowly (i.e. it wasn't an isolated event)?
  2. Are there any specific pages you've noticed slowness with, or is it all pages?

If you are encountering this consistently, please also list your device and browser. Any information you can provide is great!

Thank you,
Customer Service

On 3/14/2019 at 1:09 PM, customerservice said:

Hey,

We are following up on these concerns, and the forum tech support people have two questions for you guys:

1. Are the forums still behaving slowly and/or are consistently behaving slowly (i.e. it wasn't an isolated event)?
  2. Are there any specific pages you've noticed slowness with, or is it all pages?

If you are encountering this consistently, please also list your device and browser. Any information you can provide is great!

Thank you,
Customer Service

Today it seems to be working normally.

When it was slow for me, it was all over the forum and I use safari.

On 3/14/2019 at 4:08 PM, customerservice said:

What browser are you using and are you on a computer, tablet or phone when this occurs?
Are you getting that black screen at every page load, or when you first come onto the forum?

I was on an Android phone and using Chrome, but it seems better now.

I've been having issues with it being slow for at least two months now.  I've been mostly on the road, so have probably logged into wifi areas in about 30 different places these past two months.  About 1/3 of the time (no particular pattern -- it might even be the same wifi network), it takes several minutes, or it seems to take so long that I just give up.  It is ONLY this website that does this.  To test it, I always load other sites while I'm waiting -- such as BBC, NPR, etc.  They always load fast, even when WTM is still trying.

I'm on a MacBook using Safari.  Sometimes, if I completely shut down Safari and start it up again, I can get it to finally load.