Menu

general anesthesia side effects?

I'm leaving in 1/2 hour to get tubes put into both ears. I had a tube placed in one ear five years ago but they just used a local. This time they are putting me under general anesthesia. It has been a long time since I've had general anesthesia. My dh has to drive me to and from my appointment and will be home the rest of the day but I'm wondering if I can expect any side effects.

I had a colonoscopy under a new general anesthesia. Can't remember the name but I think it started with a "p." It was a good experience, no nausea at all. They told me I could not drive the rest of the day and that I would be sleepy. I came home and slept 5 more hours. I felt WONDERFULLY rested the next day!

Hope all goes well, let us know!

Some folks are just fine - others (like my son) are queasy for many hours afterwards. Just plain on laying on the sofa and watching chick flicks until you feel better. Mr. Darcy is good medicine.

Good luck!

JFS - who had a molar pulled Monday under a local since had no one to drive me and no time to be off-duty. That was interesting!