Menu

nm

Ann.without.an.e

There are plenty of schools still accepting applications and some even still accepting scholarship applications. Sure, some have passed but certainly not all. The local Christian U in my town takes applications and awards automatic merit aid right up until classes start.

So start checking around places that might work. Definitely limited options but he can still go to a four year school. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teachermom2834 said:

There are plenty of schools still accepting applications and some even still accepting scholarship applications. Sure, some have passed but certainly not all. The local Christian U in my town takes applications and awards automatic merit aid right up until classes start.

So start checking around places that might work. Definitely limited options but he can still go to a four year school. 

1 hour ago, happysmileylady said:

I don't think it's too late, but that probably depends on the school.  A private, selective school it might be too late.  But a basic large state public school, I wouldn't think it would be a problem at all.   Years ago, my sister was adamant that she was going to University of Arizona.  That was where she was going, it was the only place she applied, she got it, she was going.  What she was completely ignoring was how to pay for it.  My parents were extremely clear that they were NOT paying for our college.  At all.  Ever.  This was clear to all of us, like from elementary school and I don't know why that never really sunk in to my sister.  It got to be just a month before school starts (so like, mid July) and my sister suddenly reazlized that she had no money to pay tuition or room and board, or really even to be able to afford to get all the way across the country.

So, with 2 weeks before school started, she filled out the application for IU and got in.  Now, that was like 20 yrs ago, but I don't think it's really all that different today.  Generally, if someone's got the money to pay, the school will let you in.  Getting into the classes he wants might be difficult though.  

nm

Edited by Attolia

Well, he could do a gap year, working on whatever trade he was interested in.

I'll throw this out there although you've already shut it down. UAH (Alabama Huntsville) has auto merit & rolling admissions & a super easy apllication. With at least a 3.5 GPA  (can be weighted) and a 31 ACT, he qualifies automatically for full tuition. That puts you on the hook for room & board, fees, books, transportation, etc (12k annually?). So, not low, but nothing to sneeze at, either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, perkybunch said:

It looks like he can still apply to UNC Charlotte.  Their website says Application completed after February 1, you will be notified by our decision after April 1 on a rolling basis.

https://admissions.uncc.edu/freshmen/application-requirements

Technically but they won't even look at applications until after April 1st and I spoke with someone from admissions and they had an unprecedented number of applications and will fill all spots with regular admission.