Menu

Help! Which Grain Mill would you buy from the Urban Homemaker?

I am looking at the mills over at the Urban Homemaker website and I really don't know which is the one I should buy. I want one that will last a really long time and will be easy to operate. I have heard a lot of good things about the Nutrimill but it is also the most expensive. I could really use some advise here on what you would do in my situation.

Thanks!

Michelle

I have the Nutrimill also and really like it. It beats the hand crank that I have ANY DAY!!! It is loud, sometimes I wear ear plugs, sometimes I just leave the room, and other times I just put up with it. It is suppose to be the quieter one, whatever that means! LOL!

I love my Nutrimill too. Also - like Beth said - I had one that turned yellow (all over) and after reading here that they actually weren't supposed to - I called their company and after explaining to the guy what happened - I sent them their motor - and they sent me a WHOLE brand new one! I was so surprised!! So - great customer service!

-turns out they had a batch of the Nutrimills that were made out of poor plastic - don't worry about them all being like that! -

{actually Beth - I really need to thank you for mentioning that whole yellowing thing on the old boards - I never would have called the co without you!!:D}

Another vote for the Nutrimill :D It is very loud, but works very well. I was using a grain grinder attachment for my Kitchen Aid before and it just didn't grind the grain fine enough for really good bread. The Nutrimill has been great and the whole family loves the bread now.

I got their Kitchen Mill about 5 yrs ago. It's a work horse. It is loud. I do plug it in outside on the step and run it.

I got it because was more affordable for me. And because it does a lot of grain at a time. And because it stores compactly in my cupboard.

My mom also bought one. Her's is a great performer just like mine.

It's slightly louder than my Dyson vac. When the grain hopper gets empty the motor does get louder at the end.