Menu

Transcript Question

Mom0012

I’m trying to think this through for my dd.  She will be sending out her applications in September.  Should I include her senior year classes on the transcript?  The main thing I am concerned about is that she will be taking some classes through dual enrollment in the spring and I’m worried things might change between September and the spring based on what the CC schedule looks like.  How did you handle this?

Most schools want to know what the student is taking/plans on for the senior year.

I listed senior year classes on our transcript, and I just listed them as "planned" if it was for the spring. My son did change his mind midway through. At mid-year, I simply updated my transcript to be correct and attached a mid-year report stating the first semester senior grades as well as what class was dropped from the plan as well as what he added.

• Like 3

I agree with Julie. I will say that my DD had a class she was going to design for second semester and when she didn't have it ready to go at the end of the summer before senior year, I left it off the planned course listing. I thought it would be better to add it on the mid-term report than to say it wasn't going to happen after all. Knowing how busy the fall would be with applications, this ended up being the right choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RootAnn said:

I agree with Julie. I will say that my DD had a class she was going to design for second semester and when she didn't have it ready to go at the end of the summer before senior year, I left it off the planned course listing. I thought it would be better to add it on the mid-term report than to say it wasn't going to happen after all. Knowing how busy the fall would be with applications, this ended up being the right choice.

Yes, I’m starting to think that I am going to try to help her schedule things so that any less important classes are planned for the spring semester so I can just add those to her transcript if she is still up for it. In her case, I think if she drops a class, it won’t be to replace it with another, so it’s probably better not to have it on there in the first place.

My DD is in a dual enrollment program. Her transcript did not include her Senior year classes at all. In filling out the Common App, some schools had her input her classes into their school supplement while other schools require that she submit a mid year report which included her Fall Semester grades. In addition, when filling out her classes in the Common App, she still had to anticipate her Spring Semester classes as she had not yet enrolled in them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arch at Home said:

My DD is in a dual enrollment program. Her transcript did not include her Senior year classes at all. In filling out the Common App, some schools had her input her classes into their school supplement while other schools require that she submit a mid year report which included her Fall Semester grades. In addition, when filling out her classes in the Common App, she still had to anticipate her Spring Semester classes as she had not yet enrolled in them. 

Yes, I kind of remembered having to put that info on the common app for my ds’s applications.  I guess we will not include any classes that she is not feeling 100% sure she is up to the workload for.  I’m not concerned about her switching from one class for another, like Julie’s son, but more worried she’ll realize she’s too busy and need to cut classes entirely.

16 minutes ago, Mom0012 said:

Yes, I kind of remembered having to put that info on the common app for my ds’s applications.  I guess we will not include any classes that she is not feeling 100% sure she is up to the workload for.  I’m not concerned about her switching from one class for another, like Julie’s son, but more worried she’ll realize she’s too busy and need to cut classes entirely.

For those dual enrolled a lot can happen from fall to spring semester, my oldest had a class drop and she had to scramble to add another which gave he a lighter load. My current senior was concerned that the same would happen but in the end she added a class. Unless it is a significant drop in load or key classes required to get into a program or meet graduation requirements, I don't think that it matters that much. Schools just want to make sure that they didn't totally blow off their final semester.

• Like 2