Menu

can I bang my head against a wall?

HollyDay

Dd is at a community college.

She wants to attend a 4 year college next fall.  This is sooner than we anticipated, but that is okay

Due to health issues, she needs special accommodations for both classrooms and dorms.  She has to meet the deadline for dorm to guarantee disability housing but can't apply for housing until accepted which will be after the deadline.  She has to apply for accommodations now but can't until she registers for classes but can't register for classes until accepted. 

Someone pass the chocolate....

Call them.  My son's school has an awesome counseling services department (granted, my complaint is that there aren't enough of them, but the ones who are there are great.). They may have some suggestions.

I do know that my son didn't get housing accommodations his first quarter because we put in for it too late and there was nothing available.  He didn't do very well (emotionally) that quarter, but he did get housing accommodations his 2nd quarter on and it has been fantastic ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems our problem is conflicting dates.  Priority housing deadline in March 1.  Dd won't get her final acceptance letter (she is currently conditionally accepted) until after CC submits Spring Semester official transcripts sometime after May 17th-ish.  All our paperwork is in.  Now we just wait and see if she gets housing or not. 

• Like 1