Menu

Georgia in winter

Night Elf

So pretty much everything is closed today in anticipation of snow fall this morning. They don't want a repeat of the horrible storm in 2014 that immobilized Atlanta. So it's either going to be great advice as ice forms on the roads making dangerous conditions or we'll hardly get anything and this will all be for nothing. I'm watching the news and they say some of GA is seeing the rain already which will turn into snow and ice. So I'll be watching the news all morning to see what's being hit. 

DH prepared for today. He brought home a cake yesterday. Yay! 🙂

I was standing outside in a t shirt yesterday when my phone received alerts about closings. It was pretty weird- I was getting alerts from both here in Georgia and back home in Illinois all at once. 

‘Right now it’s about 45 degrees and no precipitation. But I’m sure they don’t want a repeat of the 2014 storm when so many people were stranded. 

I just got called into work. I don't know if our store will be open or not. Yesterday the manager mentioned a tidying day. We'll be working about 9:30 - 2:00 or earlier if the weather is turning too fast. She lives 45 minutes north of our store and has to travel on winding back roads so she's definitely going to be watching the weather closely. I'm just happy because I've been up since 6:00 am and I'm already bored out of my mind. I've just been reading. At my house, we're getting a very light rain right now. The temperature is 42 degrees right now and was 46 degrees an hour ago.