Menu

Another bathroom remodeling question

Teresa in MO

8 minutes ago, Teresa in MO said:

Thank you all for the responses to my question between tub surround and tile up to ceiling.  I am going with tile.  Next question, shower curtain or frameless shower door.  I hate the shower doors in the past with the frames, but the frameless might be ok.  Any thoughts?

My shower is doorless and curtainless.  I love love love it. If I can't have that then I want a curtain because I hate doors..

Do you have hard water?  I never liked how nasty shower curtains get, but the flip side is a lot of hard to get off hard water stains.  Also, if your shower is not all that big, I would opt for the shower door regardless. No one likes wrestling with a shower curtain sticking in the shower.

31 minutes ago, solascriptura said:

I've used these kinds of showers but in much warmer climates.  Do you find it too cold in the winter?  

No because it is small and the wall is almost to the ceiling.  My best friend built one in her lake house that is HUGE and the wall is very low...and it is cold.  

We put in the frameless shower door this time and it is great.  We had a curtain before and it was ok, but would sometimes let water run on the floor if people didn’t get the curtain pulled right.  The frameless doors are easy to use and easy to clean.