Menu

Has anyone here bought a couch from “Nantuckit”?

Ginevra

https://www.nantuckit.com/product-page/amherst-2-seat-price-as-shown

I really like this furniture, but I dont think there is any showroom where one could go see and sit on it. I like that buying a slipcover is an option. I want my couches to last a really, really long time. This is what has left me frozen in indecision for years. I have witnessed other people getting couches that looked good, but which quickly began to look sad and saggy. I don’t want that to happen. We have had our family room furniture for twenty years. It looks outdated but overall, it has held up remarkably well. I keep wanting to have the same experience, so it stops me from replacing the couches. 

The Nantuckit furniture is 8-way hand-tied construction. I love the fabric options. I’m just very reluctant to buy furnitre having not seen it IRL. 

I'm in the same boat. Our current living room furniture has lasted 20+ years and is still fine, but I'm tired of it! But the furniture I see friends buy doesn't last that long before it starts looking not new.  I've found Flexsteel furniture in my research, and I'm trying to find time to go to a store that has it that is fairly close to me to check it out in person. Personally, I think you need to sit on a couch to make sure it fits - seat length (does it hit your knees properly or will you have to move away from the back so your knee-angle is at the edge?) back height - is it supportive? and napability (is it comfortable if you lay on it - no unpleasant humps where the couch cushions meet?). 

• Like 1

Just now, Bambam said:

I'm in the same boat. Our current living room furniture has lasted 20+ years and is still fine, but I'm tired of it! But the furniture I see friends buy doesn't last that long before it starts looking not new.  I've found Flexsteel furniture in my research, and I'm trying to find time to go to a store that has it that is fairly close to me to check it out in person. Personally, I think you need to sit on a couch to make sure it fits - seat length (does it hit your knees properly or will you have to move away from the back so your knee-angle is at the edge?) back height - is it supportive? and napability (is it comfortable if you lay on it - no unpleasant humps where the couch cushions meet?). 

Yeah, I can't imagine buying a couch without trying it out first.  We have a couch that I can't sit on - it's too low and puts pressure on my sciatic nerve that makes my legs ache.